Colonel Muammar Gaddafi proposed the unification of Africa in the following sectors based on Dr. Kwame Nkrumah's dream;
1. Economic unification of Africa.
2. Military unification of Africa.
3. Monetary unification of Africa backed by African gold.
4. A single passport for Africans to move freely around Africa.
5. Muammar Gaddafi helped put up Africa's first telecommunication satellite 🛰📡 so that Africa could have its own satellite and stop paying European Union over $500 million annually for utilizing their satellites.
6. When the EU threatened to withdraw their foreign aid to Africa, Gaddafi stepped-up and single-handedly funded African Union.
7. In 1985, he offered millions of dollars to Blacks in America to help support their businesses and sustain their communities. He also offered to help them build Black army to help secured their lives and properties.
8. Muammar Gaddafi wrote in his famous Green Book 📗 published in 1975 that “Black people will rule the world” — he also supported the South African people during apartheid and also visited South Africa 🇿🇦 Post-apartheid to pay his respect to the victims of apartheid.
9. He built University, Factories, Mosques, Banks, Hotels etc across African countries.
10. Libya under Gaddafi was the only country on the planet that had no budget deficit. Libya owed no money, Libya was debt free!
*I can go on and on about Gaddafi but I will leave that for a symposium discussion in the near future.
Colonel Muammar Gaddafi wanted a free and prosperous Africa that would be totally independent from the outside world, this was also based on Dr. Kwame Nkrumah's dream. Kwame Nkrumah was the first PM of Ghana 🇬🇭 and a very close friend of Gamal Abdel Nasser of Egypt 🇪🇬 who was also like a mentor to Gaddafi.
The western hierarchies told damnable lies and demonized Gaddafi, they even claimed that he wanted to be President of Africa, that's why he was championing African unity, but the truth is that Gaddafi was simply upholding the legacies of his fellow patriotic African leaders, he was doing it out of a sincere heart.
*Marcus Garvey and Malcolm X will forever be remembered too. They were blessings to Africa and their memories will forever live in our hearts 💚